I believe community service makes our world a better place and am committed to serving as many charitable causes as I can. I’ve served past and present charitable and nonprofits in the following ways:
- I currently serve as a board member for the Educational Media Company of Virginia Tech, which oversees the management and business operations of the various student media organizations on campus.
- I currently serve as VP of communications and technology for the Apex High School Cougar Club athletics booster board.
- I currently serve as publicity chair for Boy Scouts Troop 316 in Apex, N.C.
- I coordinated, “HALOs for Haiti’s Littlest Angels,”a 2010 Triangle TRACKS project that raised funds for an orphanage in Haiti called God’s Littlest Angels.
- I served as the secretary and newsletter chair for Lufkin Road Middle’s PTA.
- I wrote press releases for PAGE, Partners for the Advancement of Gifted Education, as well as various nonprofit organizations.
- I’ve been fortunate to serve as a Caregiver through my church, St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church in Apex. Caregivers prepare meals when families face illness or death.